My Sewing Studio

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Americana Eagle Pillow Is All Done

The Americana Eagle pillow is finished, in time to take it to the Platte County Fair with the coordinating quilt and a few other things Monday morning.  Here it is as I was quilting the pillow top, and then after I added glass metallic beads to the Prairie Points, applied the cording, put on the back, and stuffed the form into it.  

Can you see the one feather that I missed when I was appliquéing them?  I fixed it after I removed it from the frame.

The pillow measures 16" x 16".  I used three layers of Mountain Mist poly batting under the top.  Definition around the eye comes from Inktense pencils in Jet Black and Bark colors.  But the eagle didn't 'come alive' until I added that one little dot of white paint in his eye.

The appliqué thread is YLI silk in the sky and on the eagle, and YLI invisible dark on the mountains.  Quilting thread is navy, cream, and brown Signature #40, 100% cotton.











Pillow back

2 comments:

  1. The quilting sure makes these eagles extraordinary.You do such amazing work.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete