Just look what my daughter Hannah made for me for my birthday: a quilled quilt! Quilling involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. After completing the design, she put it into a glassed shadowbox frame.
Friday, July 14, 2017
The 59 spools of Sulky embroidery thread I bought online a few days ago arrived today. Since some of the thread was partially used, the lady sold the lot, plus the plastic Sulky thread box, at a good price -- $1.00 a spool, plus shipping. She threw the case in free.
But either the person who used the thread didn't know what those little grooves at the top and bottom of each spool are for, or she simply didn't take the time to secure the thread ends in those grooves after using each spool.
The thread arrived raveled off the spools and tangled with other thread and on the spindles of the case. What a mess. I had to rewrap every spool of thread. In so doing, I found some of it breaks easily. It's all 40# thread, except for one spool of metallic. Perhaps it's old and brittle? Guess I'll find out when I start using it. If my machine doesn't like it up on top, I'll use it in the bobbin.
But here it is. The colors are pretty, at least! And it's a nice case. It will hold 104 spools.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Four more tea towels with embroidered bouquets are finished; they will go with the two in the previous post. The first two of the next set of six are also done.
While my machine embroiders, I've been working on a hand-embroidered butterfly for the Bucilla Butterfly quilt:
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Machine embroidery completed on two tea towels tonight. I thought I had six tea towels on hand to embroider. I have... 18! 😳 Eighteen. That means, since I recently embroidered a set of 6, that the tea towel order was comprised of two dozen, rather than one dozen. They will all be saved for wedding gifts.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Tonight I put the wires on the 24 'Monthly Hang-Ups' I completed in February. Somebody had put 8 wires on already – rather badly. I replaced 4 of them, and ran out of wire. But at least one full set has the better-looking wire; I’ll enter it in the County Fair next week.