My Sewing Studio

Friday, April 24, 2020

Dahlias and Stars -- Playing with EQ8

I've been playing around with possible designs I might use for a quilt for my niece Susan, who is suffering from breast cancer.  Here are a couple I've just put together in EQ8 -- Giant Dahlia in two colorways, and Sara's Star Variation.  Of course I don't have these exact fabrics, so the quilt I eventually make will likely be more scrappy, with a variety of colors.  I drew the Optical Circle a year and a half ago, and the Medallion Appliqué quilt two and a half years ago.  Which one(s) do you like best?








4 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful. I think the 2nd one would be my choice, followed by the 1st one and then the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 & 2 look to be the same, just different fabric colors. Love the red and white one, but the one that look like crosses would be my choice, just because they look like crosses!! I really want to make an optical illusion quilt...soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #2. The black background makes the round circle look like it is floating!

    ReplyDelete