My Sewing Studio

Monday, April 24, 2017

Tangled Stars Table Topper

There is a wedding next Sunday evening.  We aren't related to the young couple, but we've been friends with them and their families since we were children, and they are friends with our children -- and the bride is a cousin of one of our sons-in-law and one of our daughters-in-law.

I have a gift for them... but I wasn't planning to make anything.  But... I've been making wedding gifts for our friends for several years now, ... and I finished Emma's quilt... and I have plenty of time to finish the coffeepot cozy for my great-nephew... 

And then EQ7 popped up right in front of my face, and what was I to do about it?  
Hmmmm... I have one week.  If I made big enough pieces, instead of those itty-bitty multi-pieced blocks I seem to have a penchant for, I just might have time for a table topper...

And here's what I came up with.  The pattern is called 'Tangled Stars'.  It's 43" x 43".  The colors may change; I don't know what colors the bride has in her kitchen.





2 comments: