My Sewing Studio

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Last Tea Towel -- and the Sets

I finished the last tea towel this afternoon.  I had no idea what the design was; I have no papers or color charts with these cards that I purchased used on eBay, nor could I find any pictures on the Internet.  I couldn't tell from the little black-and-white diagram on my sewing/embroidery machine what it was, either, though I made an educated guess, and was close.  So here is the result.  If I had it to do over again, I'd choose different colors.  Maybe different stabilizer, too, as the central unembroidered area is a bit puffy.


did guess right about the little cat on the step, and I recognized the sunflowers for what they were; but I was sure surprised when what I thought to be a small piglet at the top of the ... whatever it was (a door, it turns out), wound up being a bow!  I inadvertently blended instead of contrasted the colors, so it's all a bit of a mishmash.  But the words over the door read, "BACK DOOR FRIENDS", and it says 'WELCOME' on the mat.



Once the last towel was complete, I divided all the towels up into sets that I considered pleasing:







Here's a set that was done back in August:


And with that, I have finished 54 machine-embroidered tea towels -- 9 sets of 6.  Two sets were for Andrew and Hester's and Jeremy and Lydia's anniversaries.  Another, my mother-in-law bought for her stepdaughter's birthday.  There are still quite a number of designs I have not yet used.  Someday...


No comments:

Post a Comment