My Sewing Studio

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Checkbook Cover

This is for Norma for Mother's Day (let's hope she doesn't see this page before Sunday).  I used a pattern from my book, Lively Little Logs.  Even with blocks and pieces so tiny (finished block size, 1.75 inches; finished log width, ¼ inch) (the logs are cut at ¾ inch), the instructions are for regular piecing. 

Knowing that I would achieve far greater accuracy with paper-piecing, I made a block in EQ7 (Electric Quilt 7, quilt design software) and then printed it in triplicate on the newsprint I got from www.dickblick.com

I used two layers of light-weight Pellon sew-in interfacing in the pockets, 80-20 Hobbs Heirloom batting in the main cover.  Paper-piecing these little blocks worked like a charm. 

I think I'll make a matching needle case tomorrow!













No comments:

Post a Comment