My Sewing Studio

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Freeform Table Runner, Finished

My customer's Freeform table runner is all done. It measures 14" x 53". I did it similar to Sweet Pea's version, but rather than doing it all in the hoop on a fancy embroidery machine, I drew a pattern, cut, sewed it together, and quilted it free-motion on the HQ Avanté longarm. 

I reset the tension on my sewing machine (a Bernina Artista 180E), and once again it's stitching like a champ. I sew bindings on entirely by machine, stitching in the ditch for that last step, rather than doing it by hand. The edge caught by that stitching is 1/16" wide.  (See last two pictures.)
















Addendum:
After getting this table runner back, I ordered these vases to go with it, and will give runner and vases as a gift to our daughter-in-law.  They are large -- about a foot tall, ten inches or so wide, and narrow from front to back.



1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is lovely. I, too, do all my bindings by machine. I think they look better, and are sturdier.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete