My Sewing Studio

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Quilting Finished and Binding Begun on Placemats

The quilting is finished and the binding begun on the placemats for our niece's wedding gift. 

I was quilting away... happened to glance out into the hall where I'd carefully hung the 1936 Sunbonnet Sue quilt over the banister -- and just look what I saw: 

Teensy, making himself at home on that quilt! Aauugghh! By the time I went to get him off (gently, of course; he's a nice kitty), he'd made himself even *more* comfortable. I don't want him on that quilt because, first, those are vintage blocks and irreplaceable; and second, I don't want the cat to slip off of the banister and fall. It's a long ways down!

The Sunbonnet Sue quilt is now lopped over the back of a wooden rocking chair in the little library next door to my quilting studio. And the door is shut.

Meanwhile, Tiger looks on from his Thermabed. He hasn't used that bed all summer; but it's rainy and chilly here -- 44°. 

I got the binding put on one placemat. It's ready to sew on the others tomorrow.


















No comments:

Post a Comment