My Sewing Studio

Monday, January 22, 2018

Quilting Groups

For many years, I've belonged to various Yahoo Groups -- quilting, crafting, sewing, doll-clothes making, long-arming, and selling items concerning all of the above.  But there have been technical glitches and problems on the Groups for several months now.  Many Groups have been unable to post photos or files for a good two months.  On one of the Yahoo help forums, I read that they no longer support Groups, and have no techs actively working on them.  (Yeah, I think we can tell that.)  There is no one in the company who answers questions or responds to comments concerning the Groups.  (Yeah, we noticed that, too.)

When all the Groups crashed in unison yesterday, I decided it was high time to make a new group for my Quilt Talk group, on a new platform.  I chose MeWe:

Here is the link to join:

Link to group:

Wouldn’t you know, yahoo groups came struggling back to life again in the early morning hours.  However, some groups are still on life support, and the whole system may very well kick the bucket again.  

The MeWe format is nice.  Might take a little getting used to, if you haven’t used a platform like that before; but it’s a whole lot more user-friendly than Yahoo groups.

So, to all my quilting friends, let's leave dreary old Yahoo to its last feeble gasp and gleefully hop over to this bright, shiny, new toy, MeWe, where the sun is always shining, nobody ever trips over defunct caches that byte when you’re not looking, and we can post and share and jabber (and quilt) to our heart’s content.  (You notice I’m not at all partial or trying to sway anybody, or anything.  ha!)

If anyone wants to write to me privately, and doesn’t have my email address, here it is:


I will try to answer emails and posts everyone is sending me, but I’m sorta swamped.  So if you didn’t get an answer from me, and you really need something, do please write again.  I certainly don’t intend to ignore or snub anyone.



,,,>^..^<,,,          Sarah Lynn          ,,,>^..^<,,,







No comments:

Post a Comment