My Sewing Studio

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Starting a Ribbon Embroidery Picture

Today I am beginning a silk-ribbon-embroidered picture which I plan to give to my sister for her birthday.  I was pleased when I discovered that a large bag of silk ribbon I'd ordered had arrived.

I sewed the background onto muslin -- taffeta moiré, silk jacquard, and re-embroidered lace.  I've roughed in some of the first stitches I'll make with my disappearing ink pen... ironed a few strands of ribbon... pawed through my supplies... and am ready to begin.  The new ribbon is in all colors of the rainbow.  I actually prefer using white and then dying it with my Letraset Promarkers, but I couldn't pass up the smashing bargain a lady offered me for all her ribbon.

Background



I like all the fancy stitches my Bernina Artista 180 can do.

Silk ribbon embroidery supplies





New Letraset pastels

No comments:

Post a Comment