My Sewing Studio

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Basset Hound Mug Rug



The pattern for this mug rug was a pencil sketch, fifth photo in each slide show, in the little frame.  There is an ongoing debate among the locals at my house over whether or not the dog on the mug, the rug, and in the sketch is a Basset or a Beagle.  Now, I know the ears on the mug aren't long enough, but they would've had to make the cup a pedestaled mug with lopped-out ears as the pedestal, in order to get the proportions right.  And the pencil sketch was labeled 'Basset Hound', so I refuse to take the blame if it's wrong.

Larry looked at the mug rug silently for a minute, and politely allowed as how it was too bad I didn't have more plain brown, black, and beige fabric.

Hummph.  It's a quilt.  Quilts can be any color or print they chose, so there.

On the other hand, maybe I should take his remark as license to go fabric shopping. 
<gleeful sniggle>

Anyway, Basset or Beagle, here it is in all its printed-fabric glory.











No comments:

Post a Comment